MEI’s Vice President for Policy is seeking an energetic, hard-working, and independent full-time assistant to help with administrative and research tasks that are essential to the running of MEI’s Policy Center.
Administrative tasks include:
- Drafting letters and correspondence.
- Keeping notes and minutes for various in-person and virtual meetings.
- Producing agendas and preparatory materials for Policy Center meetings and events.
- Helping prepare supervisor for events and engagements.
- Monitoring supervisor’s schedule.
- Liaising with various junior and senior members of staff to accomplish day-to-day tasks.
Research tasks include:
- Collaborating and brainstorming with the supervisor on various research projects.
- Providing annotated bibliographies for supervisor to review.
- Editing and proofreading written material.
- Drafting summaries of primary and secondary sources to aid in the supervisors’ research.
- Monitoring current events and trends in the region on a week-to-week basis.
- Collaborating on policy papers, articles, and other material.
Candidates must have an undergraduate degree in International Relations or a related field, and will have demonstrated a strong academic record (3.0 or higher). Candidates must have a strong interest in the Middle East, and ideally will have both travel experience and skill in a Middle Eastern language. Candidates must also have 0.5-1 year of experience in administrative and research roles, either through extracurricular activities, volunteer experience, or previous internships.
Salary competitive and commensurate to experience. Excellent benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Policy Center Assistant" as the subject line in your e-mail.