About the Institute
Founded in 1946, the Middle East Institute (MEI) is the leading Washington-based institution dedicated solely to the study of the Middle East. A non-partisan think tank, MEI works to advance the US-Middle East relationship through a whole-of-society approach that includes policy work, education, and arts and cultural programming.
For nearly 8 decades, MEI has worked at the forefront of understanding and finding solutions to the pressing challenges in the region. We do this by engaging the leading experts in the United States and throughout the region, convening key stakeholders, producing original research, and communicating with the broader public and decision-makers.
The Executive Assistant will report to MEI’s Director of Strategic Outreach.
Roles and Responsibilities:
MEI seeks a passionate, creative, and entrepreneurial young professional to support MEI’s growing international programming.
The Executive Assistant will:
- Work closely with closely MEI’s Director of Strategic Outreach and leadership to support the implementation international policy forums, partnership programs, and other strategic outreach-related work
- Oversee the administrative and logistics aspects of all related programming
- Provide research support on issues pertaining to U.S. foreign policy and the Middle East
This position will offer room for advancement and promotion over time.
Skills and Experience:
We seek a young professional who is looking for the chance to work with a dynamic policy team that is working to increase MEI’s international engagement through forums, conferences, track II meetings and more.
- Experience managing exchanges, fellowship, or other leadership development programs is desirable but not mandatory.
- A strong background in domestic and/or international affairs, with experience in the Middle East.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, and comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, intercultural, writing, and communications skills.
- Outgoing personality with a passion for relationship-building and helping others.
- Arabic language fluency is a major plus.
- A commitment to diversity and fairness.
- The position may require international travel when safe to do so.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Executive Assistant, International Outreach and Programming" as the subject line in your e-mail.