The Middle East Institute (MEI) seeks a graphic designer for a part-time, contractual position.
About the Job:
The graphic designer will be responsible for producing a variety of creative materials in support of MEI’s centers, departments, and research programs. Designs will follow the Institute’s established brand guidelines while exercising creativity to achieve attractive and engaging results. The ideal candidate is creative, has experience in content creation, social media graphic design, email marketing, and can work well to support the creative needs of the institute.
Desired Experience & Key Skills:
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud is required, particularly with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Canva.
- Experience in content and graphic creation for digital campaigns and advertising.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple design projects in a timely fashion.
- Experience designing for various types of projects and their target audiences (business reports, language classes, policy conferences, cultural events, educational programs) preferred.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of trending content and technology standards in the industry of nonprofits and think tanks.
What we offer:
This position is fully remote and pays $35-$40 an hour commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
To apply, please email your resume, a cover letter, and a portfolio of your previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "Graphic Designer" in the subject line.
About the Middle East Institute:
Founded in 1946, the Middle East Institute is the oldest Washington-based institution dedicated solely to the study of the Middle East. It is a non-partisan think tank providing expert policy analysis, educational and professional development services, and a hub for engaging with the region's arts and culture.