The Middle East Institute (MEI) in Washington, DC, seeks a full-time/on-site Office Manager. The Office Manager works under the Chief Operating Officer (COO) to provide administrative support and ensure smooth and secure daily operations within the Institute’s headquarters.
- Performs general administrative duties. This includes covering the front desk, greeting visitors, answering phones, and mail management.
- Monitors and orders office supplies and inventory.
- Oversees the smooth operation of the office’s security system.
- Serves as a liaison with technology vendors.
- Manages incoming and outgoing general correspondence, including emails, mail, and packages.
- Works with the accounting department to reconcile office-related credit card charges.
- Helps organize staff-related meetings and events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the COO.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a similar capacity.
- Experience managing technology and security systems is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in managing multiple priorities, administrative coordination, and logistics.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task with great follow-up skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Salary commensurate with expertise and experience. Excellent benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Office Manager” as the subject line in your e-mail.