The Middle East Institute is looking to hire an experienced, part-time Hebrew language instructor within the Education Center. The ideal candidate is required to have the following minimum qualifications:
- Native speakers who possesses professional training and/or experience teaching a language to English-speaking adults;
- Engaging and motivating individual;
- Friendly, gets along with fellow faculty, staff, and interns;
- Knowledge of the ILR and ACTFL;
- Experience and/or familiarity with the principles of Communicative Language Teaching and Task Based Instruction;
- Open to more professional development/training workshops;
- Available to teach at MEI on-site, off-site within the DC area, and online via Skype and Zoom (about 20 hours per week).
According to MEI policy, an instructor must meet the minimum requirements:
- A background in teaching the target foreign language, a minimum or equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree, experience in teaching at an American college and/or university, and preferably two years of teaching experience to adult learners.
- Instructor must have specialized training by showing experience in teaching the target foreign language and they must also be a native speaker. This is determined through an interview with the Director of languages and a fellow teacher on staff who also speaks the language. Their special training must include experience teaching adult learners.
- Instructor must have a work permit from the US government, work experience listed above for teaching a foreign language to adult learners, two years of teaching experience, and a CV showcasing work history and references.
- Must be able to relate with students who are learning the language in order to foster a proper learning environment, understand the communicative approach to teaching to ease student learning, be able to create and implement lesson plans following the course curriculum and objects, and flexibility in schedule for private tutoring.
- Must be able to follow MEI syllabus and curriculum.
To apply, please download and fill in the MEI Teacher Application Form, and send it, along with your resume, references, and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use "Hebrew Instructor" as the subject line in your e-mail.